Wednesday, August 02, 2006

EBay & Canadian Tire Money

eBay has policies on millions of things governing everything from what is accepted (from sales to your own personal actions) to what will get you kicked in the ass with a big shiny boot. One of the more important policies is regarding payment. I would have to say this is the most important part of using eBay.

So, I took it upon myself to read their Payment Policy to see exactly what was acceptable and what was not. And, what I found interested me as a Canadian: They accept Canadian Tire Money! Wow! Canadian Tire Money (CTM) is our country's second currency. Smart! And sound fiscal policy, too! CTM is as good as gold!

Every Canadian household has a minimum of $32.15 at any time stashed away in drawers and old coat pockets. You just have to know where to dig. With your pockets full, you can walk into any store and buy anything you want entirely with wads of CTM.

I had a boss who once needed to tune up his crap car so that it could make it to Florida. He decided to have a Canadian Tire Money day: he would accept up to $10 towards anything purchased on a single Saturday. At the end of the day he pulled in over $400, which he then used towards car repairs. He left for a week and I had peace, quiet and a smoke-free environment (he was a packet a minute smoker).

Last year I bought a weed whacker using CTM. I also buy all the batteries my PDA eats with total abandon with CTM.

But, let's get back to eBay: I've been selling a few things on eBay recently. I can definitely use the CTM, so I'll be listing it in my Payment Options section!

I have a torqued-out spindle rotor that needs replacement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home