Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"You Have Been Pre-Selected!"

Pre-Selected! Pre-Approved! Pre-Postal! Pre-Posterous!
Marketers attack us by phone, mail, TV, newspapers, Interweeb(tm), and cell phones.

I receive, on average, two calls a week from 323-317-9714 (a marketing firm pushing Sprint cell phones). I've looked it up on Google and can seen this number is used to push several types of products. The pushy twits I get are the ones who are trying to get me to buy Sprint cell phones. I am in Canada. They are in the US. So my time's a-wasted as is theirs. These cubical slaves are just waiting for some auto-dialer to connect to us poor noobs. You'd think that they'd be smart enough to block Canadian area codes when US products are being pushed.

A knee weighs...

In their pitch they state that I've "been pre-selected to receive one of their cell phones FREE!". Woo Hoo! Tell me more (on).

Marketers Find A Way In...
Marketers sit around their offices looking for ways to get in to our heads. The latest (within the last 5 years anyways) is using words like Pre-Approved! This method is designed to make us think we are worthy of the product they need to foist upon us. And, I'm getting tired of it.

"Look Father! There's that pushy city slick marketer coming up
our drive! Is he pre-approved for an ass-load of buck shot?"

Being Pre-Approved means SFA! Everyone is pre-approved for everything. We're pre-declined, as well. So, when you are about to apply for that mortgage or credit card, you are, of course, in a heavenly state of pre-approval. Until you are declined.

Remember!
We are all pre-dead, too....Until approved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home